Friday 24 June 2016

30 days wild days 19 & 20 Ghost Moth

The Ghost moth

Day 19





I identified the Ghost moth from the book I bought yesterday (see photo below) and learned about how the male attracts  the female by hovering in the grass and "swinging from side to side in the air like tiny hosts above patches of grass.'
Attached to my clothing I noticed its lovely fuzzy head, strong legs and impressive wings. I released it outside and it stayed hidden under a leaf for the whole morning as it rained; it was gone by evening. I felt I was privileged with the extended visit.

Book I bought from a second hand shop
 in Portaferry yesterday for 1 pound, Bargain


Also I went up to one of my wee gardens and took photographs of our beautiful lupins. I love the shape and vibrant colours and needed to take a photo before the stormy weather pulled them down.


I took photos of this new addition to our mushrooms collection. They look like black umbrellas to me, I always imagine they are fairy habitats.

Could be Inkcaps?
             

Day 20


Today I spent catching up with my blogs and tidying up my notebook.

Its become a beautiful day and the cats are playing and running about.
The mushrooms are gone already because of the stormy weather, but they don't last long.

Hubby saved a ladybird today from a bucket of water and put it to work on our roses. See the wildlife bug is catching on with pun totally intended.

My favourite fragrant rose at Dusk
                                   


I went for a walk at dusk and took a few photos and at the end of the day tried to take a few photos of the moon.



Even my Iris looks vibrant in the evening light.


Tried my best to take the summer solstice moon,
if you zoom in it looks slightly impressive lol.


1 comment:

  1. Lovely blog. With interesting facts on the ghost moth.
    I rememberwhen I first found out that ladybirds could fly.
    I was so traumatised. Bless my wee soul. Was scared for ages after that. Funny looking back on that now though. ������

    ReplyDelete