Saturday 25 June 2016

30 Days Wild Day 21 & 22; Photograph Victory

Photograph victory

Day 21 


Went searching for mosses today. As I went for a wee walk around our gardens, I thought I should chat to my neighbour about permission to photograph in their backgarden. Just in case they thought I was snooping about, which I am , snooping on wildlife of course.

Eurhynchium Praelongum Wide spreading common moss.
Feels like a carpet, seriously.

Wooly Hair Moss
Looks like the body of a hairy tarantula

Possibly Tortulla Muralis? Found on an old brick wall

 The highlght of my day was managing to get a close up of the froghopper insect, I mean it seriously took alot of patience between the camera, the insect and me. I'm delighted with the resulting photograph. No nymph was harmed in the taking of this photograph, he was gently put back on the plant whence he came.

Photograph Victory Froghopper nymph, Cuckoo Spit

Day 22

We observed Great Tits in the front garden playing amongst the rose bushes. It was a glorious sight but too quick for me and my camera. My son loved looking at them flitting about.

In the evening I found a bumble bee sleeping or sheltering from the rain. In hindsight though hope it wasn't because it needed necter. I'll remember that for next time. Signed up for bee conservation and did a wee survey, scored well enough with the type of bee friendly plants we have about here. Of course we will strive to improve the gardens more.



Ended the day by going for a walk in our back garden; hubby and son picked slugs that were causing damage to our plants. The hens were very excited about their endeavours. L'escargot snack for the hens and they loved it.

'Sir Cockerel' and his domain, please note buckets
 harvest water from their roof!


The slug harvest

'Tails' the light Sussex cockerel and his domain

No comments:

Post a Comment